We look forward to seeing you at the Ranch very soon, and we know you want to arrive prepared to have the best dude ranch vacation possible! We hope we have answers to your questions below, but if you have a question that we haven’t answered here, we want you to get in touch with us so we can help.
Where are you located and how do I get there?
Is there Internet & phone service at the Ranch?
Our ranch is in a rural location with limited cell phone service. Greenhorn has free Wi-Fi available on property, and we strongly encourage you to enable “Wi-Fi Calling” on your phone during your stay with us. This way, you can use the internet to make and receive calls. We can accommodate Corporate groups with increased upload and download services. We strongly encourage all guests to disconnect from electronic devices while visiting the ranch. Greenhorn is the perfect place to make lasting memories and reconnect with friends, family, colleagues, and nature!
What activities does the Ranch have?
Our expert wranglers and activity instructors guide you every step of the way. You will sign up a day in advance for the next day’s scheduled activities.
- Horse Riding: Four levels of trail riding (Junior, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced). Minimum trail riding age is 6. Pony leads in the arena are available to children under 6.
- Skeet Shooting: 12 & 20-gauge shotguns with biodegradable clay pigeon targets. Minimum age is 12.
- Archery: Two recurve archery courses available. Junior archery and sling shots for ages 6-11 and Interactive adult course with target stations in the woods, ages 12+.
- Rad Power E-Bike Rides: 1-2 hours rides through 500,000 scenic acres. Minimum age is 12.
- Fishing: Two classes available at our onsite fishing pond. Junior Bait and Lure with Fishing Derby, ages 6-11, and Adult Fly fishing, ages 12+. Poles, lines, lures and instruction provided. You can also bring your own rig. Our pond is stocked with trout annually. Catch and release only.
- Crafts: Leather crafting, tie dye, watercolor and children’s crafts.
- Scavenger Hunts and Gold Panning: Children, Junior, and Adult Scavenger hunts and Gold Panning. Available to all ages.
- Junior Sports Center: A variety of outdoor sports and obstacle courses for ages 6+.
- Kiddie Corral: Childcare program for ages 3-5 with pony leads, nature adventures, outdoor play, fishing, crafts, and more! Babysitting available for children under 3.
- Lunch or Dinner Cookouts: Guided horseback rides, wagon rides or hikes to lunch or dinner on the trail.
Available per schedule and available to all-inclusive guests. General Activities are self-guided.
- Heated Pool
- Marked Trail Hikes: Four marked trails, maps & All Trails app provided
- Catch and Release Fishing
- Wagon Rides
- Lawn Games including horseshoes, cornhole, volley ball, frisbee golf, roping and ladder toss
- Game room including Ping pong, shuffleboard, Pool tables, and classic arcade games
- Poker Room
- Off-site Golf (several courses nearby/self-book)
Available per schedule and available to all-inclusive guests.
- Line Dancing
- Bonfire Story with local history and folklore of the Lost Sierra
- Bonfire Music
- Family Movie Night
- Sip & Paint and Children’s Horseshoe Painting
- Ranch Bingo
- Adults Whiskey, Wine and Westerns
- Children and Junior S’mores, Sundaes and Stories
What does my vacation package include?
Includes lodging, meals, two guided activities daily, general activities, and evening activities.
Includes lodging, meals, one guided activity daily, general activities, and evening activities.
Includes lodging, meals, general activities, and evening activities.
Note: Greenhorn Ranch offers lodging only during our winter season from November – April. Activities, meals, evening entertainment and saloon are all closed during this time.
How do I sign up for activities?
Prior to your arrival we will send you an Activities Schedule along with a liability waiver. We will sign you up for your first activity before your arrival. During your stay, you are responsible for signing up for all other activities. Signed liability waivers are required for all guests before arrival, regardless of package type.
What meals and beverages are at Greenhorn?
Greenhorn provides elevated comfort food to satisfy hefty cowboy appetites. Our culinary team uses fresh and local ingredients and we always have a wide variety of options available. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Meals are served family-style with indoor and outdoor seating available.
The Greenhorn Saloon opens daily at 4:00 pm. Our full service bar features beers from local breweries and specialty cocktails using local distillery spirits, as well as mocktails and other non-alcoholic beverages.
Outside alcohol is not permitted on the property.
Is Travel Insurance available?
Yes it is. While we don’t offer insurance through our office, we are able to offer travel insurance through Travel Guard and the Dude Ranchers’ Association. Travel Guard offers 24-hour assistance services to help with emergency medical assistance, lost baggage tracking, emergency or last-minute travel arrangements, assistance with replacing lost travel documents, and much more.
What are your check-in / check-out times?
Check-in is at 4:00pm
Check-out is at 10:00am
For early arrival or departure, please contact us.
What gear is required for guided activities?
Riding attire includes long pants, cowboy boots, and helmets. Helmets are mandatory for all riders and will be provided if you do not have your own. We have a limited quantity of boots available to borrow at the corral.
Before participating in any activity, liability forms and guest information, including age, height, weight, riding ability, and medical conditions must be received. Prior to your ride, our Head Wrangler will confirm your riding ability and assign you to the appropriate horse and ride type.
Non-Equine Activity Gear
- Skeet Shooting: Safety glasses and ear protection are provided and mandatory.
- Archery: Recurve bows and arrows are provided.
- E-biking: Long pants and full closure shoes required. Helmets are provided and mandatory.
- Fishing: Poles and tackle are provided. You are welcome to bring your own gear, if you prefer.
- Hiking: Hiking boots or comfortable shoes are recommended. Water bottle and emergency kit are provided and must be returned.
Do you have a gift shop?
Yes we do. Our Greenhorn gear has been curated by our guests and what they love. Check out our array of sweatshirts, T-shirts, hats, beanies, bandanas, candles, leather hip bags, & more.
What’s the weather like at Greenhorn?
Mid-June through mid-August are our warmest months. This a great time to take a dip in the pool or enjoy a cool refreshment after an exciting day of activities.
Late August, September, October, May, & early June are cooler in the mornings and evenings. The perfect time to cozy up by the fire with a warm beverage and s’mores.
November-April are brisk and can bring rain and snow to the Ranch. While our vacation packages are not available during these times, we do offer lodging-only stays.
Check out the local weather here: Greenhorn Weather
What room amenities are available?
- Hair Dryer
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Lotion
- Rollaway beds and pack n’ plays are available upon request.
Televisions, refrigerators, or phones, are NOT available in guest rooms.
I want to learn more about the history of the region and the Greenhorn Ranch
We’re so glad you asked! We have a very rich history and we love to share it with our guests.